How to link UAN (EPF) with Aadhar | Process of Linking Aadhaar with Universal Account Number (EPF)
To link your Aadhar card with your UAN, first of all you have to have these documents ready:
- A copy of the self attested PAN card
- A copy of the self attested Aadhaar card
- Cheque leaf of your bank account (which includes all the details as the beneficiary name, the IFSC code, account number, etc.).
It must be noted here that before liking your UAN number with your Aadhar card, both the accounts must first be activated. This can be done by following the mentioned steps. Once you have these ready with you, just follow these steps:
- Go to epfindia.com and log in.
- Then click on “for employees” on the right bottom of the page
- Now again on the new page click on “UAN Member e-Seva” again on the right bottom of the page
- Once you click there, a new page will open asking for your UAN number and password
- After entering your UAN number and password you will have to put your mouse over “Profiles” and from there select “Update KYC information”
- Then in the new page you will have to upload all the soft copies of the documents which we previously asked you to keep ready. Also you have to enter your current member ID and your PF number.
- Now your job is done. Check the linking status after 15 days.
The last date for linking the UAN number with Aadhar card is 31st May 2016.
Benefits of linking UAN with Aadhaar
The best benefit of linking UAN with Aadhar is that Aadhar is the most foolproof identity verification card. The Aadhar number easily generates all biometric and demographic details about a person. This is what makes Aadhar card the most suitable for verification. Anyone can easily tally the database about you with the Aadhaar information you have provided.
Hence, the best usage of Aadhaar links with UAN is ease of verification. In the future this might also mean that you will have to wait for less time as the verification process will become faster.
It will also give you independence from current and future employees. This is because once your UAN number is activated your employers will not have to go towards any further verification for you.
You will also be able to know whether your company is updating your PF regularly or not. You will be informed via an SMS.
Is it mandatory to link UAN with Aadhaar card?
Here has been a special announcement made by the authorities that all those who have not yet got their Aadhaar cards need to hurry up to get it. This is because people without Aadhaar card will not be given their PFs from now on. This is applicable for both private sector and public sector employees. So as you can see, it is pretty mandatory for you to receive your Aadhar card and link it with your UAN.
Why was this decision taken to Link UAN and Aadhaar
It was done this way because not only is the Aadhaar card beneficial for people taking benefits. It was initially decided in 2013 – but at that time the program didn’t see much of a success. In 2015 it was revived again.
Also, there are the middle class families that take benefits from Aadhaar card – not just for those who are taking benefits from many government schemes through this card. It is also meant for those individuals who take a fixed salary on a regular basis.
As per the government, all the three features that is the Provident Fund, life insurance and the monthly pension has to be done via the Aadhaar card. This means that linking the UAN with the Aadhar card will be essential.
This is a good step because this will eliminate all the previous delays in the processing and will make authentication and verification even easier.
Last date to Link
There is no offical last date until which you would be mandatory to link your old account. But new account could not be opened without an aadhar.