Aadhar now Mandatory for Ujjwala Yojana Scheme
After the government introduced Aadhar card, its importance has started growing. Now one by one the government is making the Aadhar card mandatory for many schemes. So if you want to avail or continue to avail some schemes you now need Aadhar. On Tuesday the government announced the same for Ujjwala Yojana.
Things to know
- Under the Ujjwala Yojana the government will distribute LPG connections to rural women and under-privileged families in rural villages, for free.
- But now apart from the BPL card, the women also need Aadhar card in order to get free LPG gas. So if you have not yet made your Aadhar card, you must.
- To be a part of Ujjwala scheme it is important that women in rural areas should have Aadhar card. The government is aiming to distribute Aadhar to 5 crore rural women by next few years so they can benefit from his scheme.
- The government shall also subsidize LPG connection for women under this scheme.
- Those women who do not have Aadhar cards but wish to avail the benefits can enroll within May 31st. This notification has come directly from the desk of Gazette officer.
- The Ujjwala scheme is among the most successful schemes of the government. Nearly 1.67 crore LPG gases are given each year under this scheme. The figures might increase or decrease depending upon the Aadhar card.
It must be noted that merely showing the Aadhar card does not mean that you can quit the BPL card. You will have to provide all the necessary documents that were required before. Producing Aadhar card is just one other criteria that has been added to the rule from this year.
The government is making the Aadhar card mandatory for 50 more schemes this year. Therefore, it is mandatory that the citizens get Aadhar card made. The government officials also said that more than 99% of the Adults in the country already have Aadhar. Only a miniscule number of individuals are devoid of it. So by May 31st everyone is urged to enroll for their Aadhar card if they have not already.
The official also said that the Pahal Scheme already needs users to produce Aadhar cards. Hence it is only feasible if for the Ujjwala Scheme too, the users produce their Aadhar cards. Since the beneficiaries need to produce Aadhar cards for all these schemes, they must do so fast. It will also help the government to ensure that the scheme is going to the correct beneficiary.
On Wednesday the government also made Aadhar card mandatory for availing the crop insurance policies. Meanwhile an official of the Unique Identification Authority of India addressed the mid-day meal scheme. He said that implementation of Aadhar under this scheme ensures its proper application. It would also help monitor the dropout rates in the schools.