How to Add/Update/Link/Register Mobile Number to my Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar card has become one of the mandatory identity proofs everywhere. Be it your bank account or loan or college admission or anything else, Aadhaar Card Number must be submitted by the candidate. As the days are passing by many problems are arriving regarding Aadhaar. A lot of people still didn’t receive their Aadhaar cards. Some of them have received the online card number but many of them are yet to receive the card in hand.
- In online process one can change the previous phone number and can add a new mobile number for further communication. As a first step, the candidate has to visit the UIDAI official website https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- There are two boxes shown the page. In one empty box candidates have to enter their Aadhaar Number and then the text verification code mentioned in the box. Once the information is entered click on the ‘send OTP’ button to get the OTP.
- If the candidate does not have any registered mobile number then a message will pop up. The message says that the candidates’ mobile number is not registered with authorities’ database. For others the OTP will be sent to their registered phone.
- Once you receive the OTP, you can enter the number in the text box given on the screen. Click on the ‘login’ button to go to next page. Do not refresh the page at any step.
- Once you are logged in and moved to next page, there you will get a screen where different details are being provided that you can update them. Select the ‘mobile number’ section.
- There in the mobile number section you will see your previous number. Change the number to your current and activate mobile number and submit the update. You can also modify the number if you miss anything.
- Once you are done with mobile number modification, click on the ‘I confirm’ button. Then proceed with the next screen. Once all the processes are done, one Uniform request Number will be generated on the screen.
- The URN should be kept for future reference. You can anytime check the status of your updated information by entering the URN along with the unique Aadhaar number on the website.
- For the offline process, visit the website https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf. Here the candidates will get the Aadhaar Data Update / Correction Application Form. Download and Print the online available form for next steps.
- In the form, there is a section where the candidates have to select the option for correction. It can be Name, Address, Email ID or Mobile number. Select the mobile option from the section.
- Next step is to add your Aadhaar Card number. In the next section candidates need to enter their Aadhaar number in the box given. Afterwards fill up the form as needed.
- Email ID is also needed but not mandatory. One can provide that for future communication. But if there is no Email ID then it does not really matter.
- Once all the mandatory fields are filled with required information, check for the documents they need. At least one photo identity proof is needed here. The photocopy of passport, PAN card, Voter ID card or Driving Licence copy can be attached with the form.
- After attaching the documents with the correction form, sign them. Along with signature the candidate has to give thumb print on the form for identity verification.
- Finally the form copy and the ID proof copy should be sent to the mentioned address by post. There are two addresses mentioned in the form. Any of them can be used to send the correction forms.