Apr 162015

AADHAAR card changes via post 

If you are worried about the mistakes or updates in your AADHAAR card, UIDAI has come up with a solution of your problem. The mistakes in AADHAAR card may be due to incorrect data entry at the time of registration. Also in case of any change in the name (because of marriage or divorce) or in the address, you may need to update your personal details in AADHAAR card. UIDAI has launched a correction or change form. These forms are available on the respective website or in the AADHAAR card enrollment center.

The online method requires your access to the registered mobile number. In case of its unavailability, you can directly download the form from Internet. It will eventually save your time and efforts. The changes that can be done through this form are:

  • Name
  • Gender
  • Date of Birth
  • Address
  • Mobile

If you wish to update any related detail apart from above, you have to visit the nearby enrollment center.

To download this form click on the following link:


The instructions for filling this form are available at following link:


All you need to do is, provide your original AADHAAR card number in the form. While filling the form, use the capital letters only. Attach self-attested copies of the proof documents. You must provide your current mobile number so that you can be accessed easily for further communication.

For change/correction in name following proof documents can be attached:

  • Passport
  • PAN Card
  • Ration/ PDS Photo Card
  • Voter ID
  • Driving License
  • Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
  • NREGS Job Card
  • Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
  • Arms License
  • Photo Bank ATM Card
  • Kissan Photo Passbook
  • Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
  • Marriage Certificate

For corrections in Address following documents may be used as a proof:

Aadhaar Card Documents Required

For DOB, following can be used as proof:

  • Birth Certificate ( Scanned Copy can do)
  • SSLC Book/Certificate
  • Passport

The duly filled form must be sent to the UIDAI office in an envelop with “AADHAAR update/correction” written at the top.

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>