Aadhar card is quite a crucial document and is required at a number of places for verification and validation purposes. If you have accidently lost of misplaced your Aadhar card, it is certainly a concern. However, you should not panic. The good news is that you can get a duplicate Aadhar card in no time.
All you need to do is follow these simple steps on internet to apply for a duplicate Aadhar card for your Loas Aadhar card
- Visit https://resident.uidai.net.in/find-uid-eid
- You would see an option saying, “You want to receive your lost”. Select either ‘Aadhar No. (UID) or “Enrolment No. (EID)
- In the next box, enter your full name and correct email address
- You would also be asked to enter your required Cell Number on which you would receive a ‘One Time Password’ (OTP)
- You would see a box which would ask you to enter the OTP. Enter it and click the option that says, “Verify OTP”
- In the next process, the system would send you a message on your registered mobile number mentioning you Enrollment Number or your Aadhar Card Number, whichever you selected in the previous process
- Now, open https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Under ‘I Have’ option, select either ‘Aadhar’ or ‘Enrollment ID’, whichever is applicable
- Along with that, also enter your full name, security text, Pin code and your registered mobile number
- Click on the option that says, ‘Get OTP’
- The OTP would be again delivered to your registered mobile number
- On this page, you would see an option asking for your OTP. Enter the one which you have just received on your mobile and then click on ‘Validate and Download’
- You can now download your ‘e-Aadhar Copy, which would be in the form of PDF.
- While you try to open the PDF file, it would ask for a password. The password is your PIN Code that you entered in previous step.
- Once, the e-Aadhar is downloaded, you can take a print out of it and use it like your original Aadhar card
As you can see, the entire process would not take more than 5 minutes of your precious time while retrieving your lost Aadhar card. And all you would need is an internet connection and your Aadhar number or enrollment ID.