Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has instructed all banks to link Aadhar card of every individual to their bank accounts. The entire process aims at providing various direct benefits directly to the consumers’ bank account and this holds true for ICICI bank account holders as well. If you are one of those ICICI bank account holders, you too can link your Aadhar card with your bank account using the following processes and avail benefits like getting Pahal LPG subsidy directly in your ICICI bank account.
Link Aadhar card to your ICICI bank account using Offline Mode for LPG Subsidy
If you do not have internet banking activated on your account, the only option you are left with for linking your Aadhar is to visit the ICICI branch with following documents:
- Original and photocopy of your Aadhar card
- Bank passbook or account details
- Aadhar – Bank Account linking form duly filled with relevant and accurate information
Follow the below mentioned process to get your Aadhar linked to your account:
- Fill the Aadhar linking form with relevant information
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhar card number in the correct format
- Visit your home branch and submit these documents to the concerned official. It is noteworthy to mention that the bank official may ask you to see the original copy of your Aadhar.
- The bank official would collect all these documents and submit on your behalf. You would be notified via email or SMS once the linking process is complete. You can also check the status by visiting the branch after few days.
Linking Aadhar card to your ICICI Bank using online method for LPG Subsidy
Although, not much information is available over internet on how to link your Aadhar to your ICICI bank account through the online process, here is the process you can follow to successfully complete the linking process:
- Login to your ICICI internet banking portal
- Go to Customer Service link – Click on Service Requests link – Click on Bank Account Service Requests link – Select Account Details link – Click on Modification Related link – Choose Request for updating Aadhar number in saving accounts that would open up a new box
- Enter your 12 digits Aadhar number in the box provided
- Click on ‘Submit’ to complete the process.
Last but not the least, you can and should link your Aadhar number to all your saving accounts so that you don’t have to repeat the process again, if you want to avail any other benefits in future.