Aadhar card mandatory for MP scholarships
Now Adhaar card is mandatory for obtaining the benefits of the scholarship under the Schedule Caste and Tribal Welfare department related scheme. Aadhar card is mandatory for a lot of schemes these days and this time the Madhya Pradesh government took a step to make it important for this scheme as well.
The State’s Minister Lal Singh Arya has announced that the benefit of the scholarship should only be given to those students who have their bank accounts linked to their Aadhar card. Earlier the government has made it mandatory to have Aadhar card made by 30th June 2017 so that more people could take the benefits of the scheme.
What is the scenario at present?
Having an Aadhar card is not rare these days. According to government reports more than 75% of children between ages 5 and 18 have an Aadhar card (in states where Aadhar card is being made mandatory). Therefore with this resolution more and more children in Madhya Pradesh can take the benefit if Aadhar card is made mandatory.
Earlier, the HRD ministry has announced that the College as well as University students must have an Aadhar card in order to avail the central scholarship schemes. But this time the Chief Minister of MP has made it compulsory to obtain the same.
Benefits of this move
- With an Aadhar card, the students’ identity will be easily verified. Also there are less chances of faking identity or impersonating with a valid ID card.
- The Aadhar card also contains details such as address and it will be easier to verify the details of the student with a single documentation hence it will make the process faster.
- The Aadhar card will also make it easier to ensure that the scholarship is getting paid to a single account only, since a single Aadhar card can only be linked to one account at a time.
- Aadhar card will also ensure that the same student does not get the benefit more than once and all norms are followed for the same.
Facts to note
- The Chief Minister reviewed the departmental review and has asked the department to ensure that their achievements are propagated via the social media platforms.
- They have also asked to make arrangements so that there are no issues regarding the propagation of the Aadhar mandate. The children are to be directly communicated for the same.
- Also, the schemes shall now be monitored at the district level and therefore it is important that you follow the Aadhar norms so that the respective officers can take the implementation of the process forward.
- The Chief Minister has asked the collector, the district Convenor and the divisional officer to issue the instructions to follow.