The 12-digit Aadhar Card number giving you an identity is a simple process to apply for and is completely free and voluntary. You may apply for the Aadhar card online or through a personal visit to an Aadhar center.The personal visit process is also simple.Don’t believe it? Go through the easy procedure below.
GET APPLICATION FORM
- You can get free Aadhar Card application form at the Aadhar center, or you may even download it online.
- However, it is advisable to Download -> Print -> Fill and then take it to the center. This will save much of your time at the center.
- Generally 1 POI and 1 POA is sufficient to apply for Aadhar Card.
- The form contains the entire list of Proof of Identity (POI), accepts 18, and Proof of Address (POA), accepts 33, documents from which you may submit the valid document you have.
- Common proofs include Passport, Voter ID Card, Driving License and Ration Card.
- If someone in a family does not have valid documents: He/she can still enrol if their name exists in any family document. To do so, the head of the family have to be enrolled with valid documents first. Then the head can introduce other family members. 8 document types are accepted by the UIDAI as Proof of Relationship (POR).
- If valid documents are not available: residents can then take help of introducers available at the Aadhar Card enrolment center.
- You can go to the nearest Aadhar Center in your town.
- Once you enter the Aadhar Center, your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will be taken.
- An acknowledgment slip with a temporary Aadhar enrolment number and the Biometric details taken will be given to you.
- Keep this slip safe, as you will require the details while printing the duplicate Aadhar Card online, anytime in future.
- After successful verifying your filled details, you will receive an SMS and/or email notification.
- YourAadhar number will be printed and sent across via post to your address within few days.
- The usual processing time for Aadhar Card is 60 to 90 days. However it could take some extra time due to verification process.
- Indian post is in charge of printing and delivering Aadhar Cards to the residents and usually takes 3 – 5 weeks to do so.
- For any kind of issues arising during verification, corrective actions are taken where ever possible or else a rejection letter is dispatched through post asking the resident to re-enrol.